Motto for 2009: TAKE TIME TO BREATHE
—Live each moment. Remember, if it doesn’t publish now, it may in the future.
AND MY GOALS ARE:
- Keep focused on my lifetime verse: Psalm 104:33-34. I don’t have a singing voice, but God gave me an author’s voice—praises on paper—I will write for Him.
- In January present two workshops at my first writer’s workshop “How to build, support and contribute to a critique group with skill” and “Kat’s Kritriques” by the Lionhearted Kat, for the IDAHope Writers Conference in Boise, ID.
Publish Capsule of Hope: A Survival Guide for Caregivers and avidly market.
- Write the second caregiver book. (series of three): Capsules of Hope: Freedom from Fear
- Continue to set weekly goals and post accomplishments. Write a lesson learned weekly and post these on my blog: Straight from the Lion’s Mouth www.sftlm.blogspot.com
- Build and maintain a WordPress blog: the “LIONHEARTED KAT: More than a Caregiver.”
- Double my writer’s income—this will mean either stepping up my production and/or submitting to higher paying markets.
- Thank the Lord for my Job: My mission field. Medical billing puts me in touch with hundreds of people in all walks of life.
- Praise and smile a lot. If my face can smile and my heart can praise I am wealthy.
- My personal focus for the year: “ENJOY THIS MOMENT!”
- Understand my Bible Verses for the Year: Ps 84:11 and Ps 90:17
- Become a “Shirley”-Speak Boldly for the Lord: How will I know when to open my mouth? Shirley is a mid-70’s ’s pro-caregiver. She cleans houses, does the laundry, shopping, and doles out meds. But when someone asks her, “What happened to your face?” She presents her story complete with a plan of salvation.
Lord, let me know when to speak and what to say, is my prayer.
- Encourage others to prepare for those final moments: To build a “Life Book” complete with who to contact, desires for funeral, important papers and where they are kept, And of course, those Advanced Directives.
- Keep excellent records: Still a weakness, but I’m so much better.
- Spend Quality time with husband: Date nights are a priority. We celebrate our 50th Wedding Anniversary on February 18th. PTL.